livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] selling raw milk

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] selling raw milk
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:15:18 -0800 (PST)

Gwen,

I think that we need to be encouraging people to secure their OWN milk supply at every opportunity we can do so.  People are just sheeple, doing the minimum.

You can waste exhorbitant amounts of energy on political endeavors to no avail,never more so than today.  I've decided that the best way we can make a difference is to know our neighbors, encourage them to grow their own food or buy the food they know is grown healthily and keep producing the best.   The fruit sells itself eventually when people SEE the difference real food makes.  For example even though I've been pretty ill with some chronic problems, and am 39 yrs old, I'm often complemented on my no-make-up complexion or turning heads.  I routinely say 'Raw Goat Milk'll do that for you too.'

I also plug Bernard Jensen's book Goat Milk Magic whenever possible because it stresses the importance of less than 3 hour old milk for the seriously ill and bedridden to get the maximum health benefit.  The only way most people can get milk that fresh is to be milking their own goat.  That idea was repulsive to me, but once i tried it, I was hooked.   Even better is his one carrot, one celery stalk, and 1 or 2 C fresh warm milk in a vita-mix.   I'd never eat a carrot stick or celery stalk in the morning, I hate breakfast generally :) plus I have had two TMJ surgeries so I don't like to chew very much.  That drink I can do any day and feel better for doing so.

I'm investing time in teaching the younger generation how to milk, getting them hooked on raw goat milk, making their own cheese, growing their own vegetables.  Makes more sense to me and lots more fun than fighting a system that is bound to collapse....I suppose I'd rather be involved in quietly re-building and planting than waste my energies against a monolithic political structure having recently seen www.thecorporation.com  and www.womensgroup.org

Keep on milking and growing those milking animals!
Carrie