livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] selling raw milk

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] selling raw milk
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:56:55 -0800 (PST)

The Untold Story of Milk by Ron Shmidt is an excellent book for tracing the current political hatchet machine against raw milk.   Raw goat milk made into kefir is one of my lifelines.   Raw goat milk is especially a superfood, full of enzymes that you need to digest other foods (some experts say that most people have used up the enzymes they're born with by the time they're 27 yrs old).   Raw milk has kept people healthy or cured people since the beginning of time.  The fat in milk is very important for brain health.  It's not just for babies, that's one of the vegetarian lies meant to rob you of brain function and nervous system health.   I had had my digestion really impaired by a childhood full of antibiotics, then as an adult more antibiotics and birth control pills, and steroid shots.  All this had a cumulative effect on my immune system, meaning that I've been in the ER room going into shock from a doctor giving me a 4th gen pennicillin in spite of my telling him I was highly allergic to pennicillin and then 7 yrs later eating commercial pork.

I was there, a nervous wreck, hadn't had milk in years (I did have some yogurt and cheese, but only the commercially contaminated and pasteurized ruinous stuff).   Kefir brought peace back to my mind when the doctors could only throw more drugs at me -- which I quit taking and refused to see them anymore.   Raw goat milk gives me a quality of life that the modern SAD diet and our culture's craziness had stolen.

The seats at Weston Price foundation meetings are filling up with EX-vegans who are finding that raw milk plays a pivotal part in restoring their health.     My best days are when the majority of my diet is kefir, raw goat milk, and fresh organic veggies from my garden.  I have energy and a peaceful aura with raw goat milk.

thankful for the Word,
Carrie