livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] selling raw milk

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Jenny J." <sagehill@provide.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] selling raw milk
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:34:54 -0500

Unless stopped by an irate groundswell, state governments may try to prevent
you from drinking even your own milk. Three years ago, before I moved back
to Michigan, the Michigan dairy organization tried to get a law passed to
forbid farm families from drinking their own milk, or even feeding it to
their own livestock! In other words, they wanted ALL the milk.... at the
price they wanted to give, which was less than grocery store milk for sure.
It really is shocking how little dairy farmers are paid for their milk.

Fortunately, their attempt at total control never passed, but it was close
from what I hear.

For those who thought selling milk for bathing was a good idea, some states (Tennessee, I think) that forbid raw milk for human consumption but allow it for other uses (pets, etc) require that the milk be dyed blue or green.
To find out what your state's legal requirements are, check out:
http://www.realmilk.com/happening.html

Jenny

I think that we need to be encouraging people to secure their OWN milk supply
at every opportunity we can do so. People are just sheeple, doing the
minimum.
I'm investing time in teaching the younger generation how to milk, getting them hooked on raw goat milk, making their own cheese, growing their own vegetables. Makes more sense to me and lots more fun than fighting a system that is bound to collapse....I suppose I'd rather be involved in quietly re-building and planting than waste my energies against a monolithic political structure having recently seen www.thecorporation.com and www.womensgroup.org
Keep on milking and growing those milking animals!
Carrie