internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wiki?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wiki?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:13:29 -0500

On 3/5/07, Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:

On Mar 5, 2007, at 11:21 AM, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:

> On 3/5/07, Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:
>>
>> but in the years we've
>> used it have never encountered a single bug. We've filed some
>> requests for new features, but never a bug.
>
> Then your company doesn't make great use of it, or you're lucky enough
> to have never encountered an edge case. Neither case says that much
> about the software. If you haven't used it enough to see its flaws,
> you haven't used it enough to endorse it.

Gosh, you know so much about it from so little information.

> UNC-CH SILS Student -- ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer

That explains so much...

Michael,

Ad-hominem attacks not only contribute nothing to the discussion,
they actively hurt it. Please refrain from them.

As a software engineer, myself, though, with almost 15 years
of experience, and as someone who has set up and run several
wiki setups, I have to agree with Cristobal. If you haven't yet
found bugs in a product, then you haven't looked hard enough.
Software is too complex to not have any bugs at all. I wish
that were not true, but it is. Your "endorsement" however,
glosses over that and makes it seem like it's bug free.

Now, I freely admit I've never used the product, and I make
no judgment at all as to exactly how bug free it is, but I
can guarantee that it is not completely bug free.

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace