internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wiki?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT buni.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wiki?
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:15:12 -0500

You have several options. my favorite is Mediawiki which you will find well documented. It runs the
majority of our site at buni.org as well as that little known http://wikipedia.org. It is the most sophisticated
wiki albiet written in PHP! I found it easy to install on Ubuntu and Fedora...somewhat painful to install a
modern release on RHEL4 due to dependencies on versions of things that are not part of the main repositories, but
somehow managed.
JSPWiki sucks but is easy to install on Tomcat or better.

xWiki isn't bad (java as well)

Regardless require login or the first worm that navigates the network will fill it with chinese spam :-)

dave.m.parker AT gsk.com wrote:
Hey everybody,

I'm considering a wiki for my department's web site at work. Easy? Difficult? Crazy? Expensive?

Please bless me with your expertise. Thanks.

- Dave P.