internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sellpersonalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sellpersonalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:19:21 -0500

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:36:17 -0500, Shea Tisdale <shea AT sheatisdale.com> wrote:
> You know I'm all for all this techno-babble argumentation back and forth
> about the virtues of one OS over another and why one should choose one over
> the other - but how about this for a good reason:
>
> Because Microsoft is EVIL. NO question about it, no argument, end of story.

I was actually trying to avoid rhetoric and emotion. There are good,
technical
reasons why other software is inherently better than Microsoft software.
And as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather make my decisions based on that.

BTW, my entire argument about how MS putting stuff in the kernel makes
it inherently less stable is apparently just about to get another boost with
the new version of IE that will be coming out soon. The new version has a
lot of new (read: not tested as much as older code) code that will give
plenty of opportunities to see this in action.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace