internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:37:30 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Tom Caswell wrote:
If the second rate software on Windows is causing the problem, it's not
Windows causing the problem. Second rate software will cause problems on any system. My point is you can prevent Windows from becoming the weak
link.

Some of the problems we have come directly from Microsoft, and since this is the platform we have to use for some of the propriety hardware/software I can and will blame windows. And yes Exchange is second rate. So is IIS and Share Point Services...

Now Apple has nowhere to go - overpriced server and no desktop support.

Ha ha ha.. now you're funny.. Xserve $3k ... similarly equipped Dell 1850 almost $5k... I guess you don't get to spec equipment very often... Oh and that's with the small 2003 license (5 clients) the 25 license version would add another $2400...Maybe you should quit drinking the kool aid..

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead) 1990 Ducati 750 Sport