internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:46:59 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, David Rasch wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what you priced out in the Dell 1850, but the
Xserve that costs $3k includes an 80gig SATA drive while the only thing
you can get with the 1850 is a 10k RPM SCSI drive. These are hardly
comparable.

I actually wish we could get our Dells with the option for SATA instead of SCSI, we don't need the extra expense, and that is what it is these days... But then again I took it easy on the Dell and only speced it with the 5 client version of 2003. The OS X sever that comes with the Xserve is unlimited. I also speced these as entry level rack servers. I've had more SCSI drives fail this year than SATA in our servers and RAIDs... 6 SCSI drives in the last 6 months and 0 SATA drives...

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead) 1990 Ducati 750 Sport