internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft tosellpersonalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: jim AT neuse.net, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft tosellpersonalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:21:17 -0500

Jim Ray wrote:
dude, you're friggin old, man!

Heh, anybody want to argue over Fortran compilers? My first
one was Fortran IV on a 8080 Heathkit H-8. (Oh, the OS was CPM.)

You will be old some day too if you are lucky. I once thought
I wouldn't make it to 30. Then, I figured that if I made it to
40 I would be lucky. At 50, I figured that I would enjoy life
more. At 50, the body just starts aching for no good reason. So
now, I'm working side-by-side with workers who could be my
grandkids. (The're not. I don't think. Really.)
One thing that I remember is that the evil empire was once big
blue. Everybody thought that IBM was evil so the government
broke 'em up so we would have so much more competition. They
broke up AT&T also so that the market place would lower bills.
Of course, prices for phone service went up. Now it is
Microsoft that is the devil and IBM is a shadow. Things
change, but they stay the same with different names.
One thing that hasn't changed though is the taste of this
nice Guinness Extra Stout. Happy St. Patrick's Day young'uns.

--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.