internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Caswell <derpimpkar AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:41:03 -0800 (PST)

I have multiple WebSphere environments supported by DB2 and LDAP on various Windows boxs.  I've grinded the boxes with real users and they run fine.  Windows is stable if you know how to manage it.

The majority of (personal) users don't care about uptime.  There isn't a single Mac ad that shows it running for months without a reboot.  I'd buy a Mac in a heartbeat but it doesn't support games for crap.  Macs will have marketshare when they have the software catalog of Windows which is never.  Save the emulator argument.

Tom

zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org> wrote:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Tony Spencer wrote:
> Users? 1 million unique per month on my server.

Not web hits... real users that actually log into the machine..

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport

Do you Yahoo!?