internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:14:01 -0400

On Oct 25, 2004, at 8:57 AM, zman wrote:

They were not a part of Bush's war on terror. Now they are operating with Guerilla tactics, pretty uch the same as we encoutnered in Vietnam. These people you are labeling terrorists now aren't the people W was chasing. These are not the Al Qada. These are not the ones responsible for 9/11. To try and justify our invasion of Iraq by lumping them in there with them is highly inaccurate, but par for the course as far as the Bush loyal are concerned.

For the record I hate Bush.

However everything rua listed there to me describes a 'terrorist' type activity. While maybe it wouldn't have happened had we not bothered to invade Iraq and distract the public from Afghanistan (and the lack of finding Osama or anyone) it still doesn't take away from the fact that what is being done in the name of 'Iraqi freedom' or whatever is pure terrorism.

The paragraph you quoted there didn't lead me to think of a Bush loyal either. I didn't see the other part of the message though so I can't comment but I think here you're going off the deep end a tiny bit.

However, if they were standing their ground and attacking the US Military with banners of 'Free Iraq' and what not, I'd take a different tactic. But the targets of opportunity they have been taking are only to instill fear. Left or Right if you start killing innocents in monstrous ways (not that there is a 'nice way' to do it, but chopping off a head with a hand saw while they're alive, screaming and filming ranks up there in the really bad ways to go (tm) category) the response isn't going to be appeasement, it's going to be destroy the monsters.