internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • Cc: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:45:28 -0400

Perhaps you wouldn't, but I don't doubt that there are some who would.
Humans' ability to rationalize/justify horrible behavior in the face
of war is evidenced repeatedly over history, even recently, and even
by Americans.
Perhaps, like some Iraqis have done, they would be condemned, I don't
know, but the fact is, we invaded a country that had a horrible
*leader* and government, and have turned it into a country whose
*entire population* increasingly hates us.

We. F'd. Up. Blaming it on the terrorists whose cause we've so
efficiently fertilized is not a way of dealing with the problem in my
opinion. Saying that now that we've brought them there, it justifies
us going there, is absurd.

Evan