internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:29:03 -0400

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 08:57, zman wrote:

> They were not a part of Bush's war on terror. Now they are operating with
> Guerilla tactics, pretty uch the same as we encoutnered in Vietnam. These
> people you are labeling terrorists now aren't the people W was chasing.
> These are not the Al Qada. These are not the ones responsible for 9/11. To
> try and justify our invasion of Iraq by lumping them in there with them
> is highly inaccurate, but par for the course as far as the Bush loyal are
> concerned.

Isn't it pretty ironic that Bush supposedly invaded Iraq because it was
creating a climate for terrorists (e.g. Al Queda). But what has the
invasion resulted in, but a climate that is now amenable to many
terrorist organizations of all types. Rather than reducing terrorism,
he has increased it multiple times. Isn't that the definition of
failure?

Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |