internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: rua AT mindspring.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:37:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 rua AT mindspring.com wrote:
Of course, we benefit from the statements and thoughts of our founding
fathers, but we don't have blogs of the local butcher or maid in 1770. I'm sure a number of citizens in the colonies would rather leave England alone. Today, we hear so many opinions and voices. In the end, it is those willing to take action that will often have more of an impact on the future, and so far that has been weighted by Sadr and Allawi. Sistani did take action at one point, and if more of that were to happen, the Iraqi's could take their country back, not just from the terrorists, but from us as well. They are in a position to make us look much worse through peaceable means, than through beheading reporters and truckers.

Ok you invoke the founding fathers then in the same breath call the people fighting to control their country terrorists. I think you may be confused. These are not the "terrorosts" that we were chasing in Afghanistan, these are people who see their country invaded and want to take it back. The same as the North Vietnamese. And this will be worse than Vietnam. We are breeeding a whole new generation of terrorists. It is now our fault.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport