internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Corey Wilson <corey_wilson AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 08:41:21 -0500

Sil Greene wrote:

Check your sources. You're thinking of Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt, and they've played together for years. "The Three Pickers" is actually by Ricky Scaggs, Earl Scruggs and Doc Watson ... I haven't heard the recording yet, but I can tell you they're all top-notch musicians and it's worth whatever you pay for it.

Right-O, Sil. Scaggs, Scruggs, and Watson. Unfortunately, it is my brain, and not my sources, that are faulty in this regard. Whenever I think "Scruggs" I think "Flat & Scruggs." I have no idea from which dark corner of my imagination "Earl, Flatt, & Scruggs" came from.

The album rips, regardless.