internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] music recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] music recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 21:49:47 -0500

> I am addicted to iTunes. And to CDBaby.com. Therefore, I have
> been buying a lot of music lately. As always, I love to get
> recommendations. Got any?

Here's what's in my current rotation, some of which has already been
mentioned, some not:

The Pixies - Surfer Rosa
Los Straitjackets - The Velvet Touch of Los Straitjackets
Dick Dale - Better Shred Than Dead: The Dick Dale Anthology
Link Wray - Rumble! The Best of Link Wray
The Reverend Horton Heat - Holy Roller (Best of collection)

As well as the following by local musicians:

Southern Culture on the Skids - Santo Swings/Viva del Santo (ep)
Trailer Bride - Hope is a Thing with Feathers
Trailer Bride - High Seas
Permanent Darling - debut EP, available at
http://www.permanentdarling.com/music.html

- Bill