internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zzd <zzd AT contentdb.net>
  • To: thomas AT tbeckett.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 23:07:35 -0500

> So I'd really love to see the Pixies, but I'm not sure that they'd have
> any /authenticity/ any more. I suppose if they came up with some great
> new material and an album, that would have cred. But if they just
> barnstormed playing the same stuff from 10-15 years ago, well, it would
> be sad.

Dude, I am still turning a buck with my Domino R5 skill set from the previous
century and feeling like a an old COBOl hack, but I ain't complaining (too
loudly!) You know these guys need to provide and stow away a couple of bucks
before the arthritis sets in, so I say bring it on. It may be fun, nostalgic,
maybe even good - shit, the Abba cover bands are rakin' it in. Chill, kick
back, and remember the teenage music love affairs we all had in the 70's/80's
[and i suppose the 90's for the youthful among us :-]

If you don't want it to be fun it won't be, but me, I'm sitting tight with
Cindy Lauper and the Girls that just wanna have fun ...