internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:31:35 -0500

Tom Caswell wrote:
Anything by The Pixies. Classic punk and they just reformed so it's a must
see show.

I have mixed feelings about this. I /love/ the Pixies, always have. I've seen them several times, always an amazing show. But they've been broken up for so long, and reforming now just reminds me of the dinosaur rock bands I used to sneer at for reforming in the mid-80s, touring just to suck up the bucks. Emphasis on suck.

So I'd really love to see the Pixies, but I'm not sure that they'd have any /authenticity/ any more. I suppose if they came up with some great new material and an album, that would have cred. But if they just barnstormed playing the same stuff from 10-15 years ago, well, it would be sad.

TaB