internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 01:19:08 -0500

I love Boz Scaggs! Dirty Lowdown!!

On Saturday, March 6, 2004, at 01:15 AM, Sil Greene wrote:

Reported 04.03.05 22:35 from Corey Wilson:

.:Omaha, Nebraska. Bright eyes can get a little "I hate myself and want
.:to die" sometimes, but the songwriting is excellent.

I can agree! Bright Eyes has some wonderful lyrics, and at least one song
I find physically painful to listen to. He's a little immature, but shows
promise. (By physiclally painful, I'm referring to "Lover I Don't Have to
Love", and by immature, I'm referring to his tendency to write all his
songs to the same girl.)

And he's white -- you can tell by the lack of rhythm in the lyrics.

.:If you want to
.:swing to the Bluegrass end of things, Earl, Flatt and Scruggs just
.:released an album called "The Three Pickers" that is really, really good.

Check your sources. You're thinking of Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt,
and they've played together for years. "The Three Pickers" is actually
by Ricky Scaggs, Earl Scruggs and Doc Watson ... I haven't heard the
recording yet, but I can tell you they're all top-notch musicians and
it's worth whatever you pay for it.

--Sil