internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 02:00:48 -0500

Beth said the following on 3/5/04 6:29 PM:

I am addicted to iTunes. And to CDBaby.com. Therefore, I have been buying a
lot of music lately. As always, I love to get recommendations. Got any? This
is a wonderfully diverse crowd here on our little list and it's a given that
topics that are off topic are fine, so I'm casting my Quest For Bands I Don't
Know About Yet line here (and elsewhere, but that's not the point).

I'm partial to Bruce Cockburn (pronounced Coh-burn), Dar Williams,
Ruth Gerson (she'll be in Richmond on Thursday), David Wilcox,
James Keelaghan, Jim's Big Ego, They Might Be Giants, almost
anything by Yoko Kanno (and her band the Seatbelts), any Cirque
Du Soleil soundtrack, REM, The Waybacks, some Moby, Recoil, Dire
Straits, Johnny Cash, Oingo Boingo, some Nine Inch Nails, some
Metallica, Peter Gabriel, Mecano, Jimmy Buffett, Industrial Monk,
Garbage, Depeche Mode, Days of the New, Stabbing Westward,
Cry Cry Cry, etc... among other things (and that doesn't include
any classical... :-).

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace AT wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton