internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rowland Smith <rowland AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] music recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 18:38:00 -0500

I've been listening to Mathew Sweet's "100% Fun" lately - catchy, quirky pop-rock. The electric guitar sound is very nice, dry and well rounded, with just the right touch of distortion ;)

Rowland

Beth wrote:
I am addicted to iTunes. And to CDBaby.com. Therefore, I have been buying a
lot of music lately. As always, I love to get recommendations. Got any? This
is a wonderfully diverse crowd here on our little list and it's a given that
topics that are off topic are fine, so I'm casting my Quest For Bands I Don't
Know About Yet line here (and elsewhere, but that's not the point).

As a point of reference, I am big in to The Shins, Outkast, Kelis,
Electralane, Liz Phair (before she got sucky), The Carpenters, French Kicks,
and Pinback these days. And I'm trying to get excited about Death Cab For
Cutie, but that's gonna take a few more listens. Not that I eschew all other
genres, these are just what I'm big on at the moment.

Perhaps an INW soundtrack could come of this. It would probably have to be
about a dozen CDs long, but still...

Write me offlist if you want.
Beth

Introducing the New Netscape Internet Service. Only $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register