internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:02:15 -0500

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 17:27, zman wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, U. Jason Gloege Jr. wrote:
> > which illustrates the great lengths to which Interpath went to fuck up a
> > lot of good things. :D
>
> No, it was CP&L. The legacy Interpath employees got screwed as well. Sorry
> about TriNet by the way. But a little story about how I knew the end was
> near. I was working in the Tech Support Division as a sort of liason
> between the Help Desk, Systems, and Networks. I also handled all MAcintosh
> support and all email support regardless of platform. But enough of that.
> Right after the supposed merger we had a meeting. The whole purpose of teh
> meeting was to meet the new VP of the Technical Support Division. He
> seemed like a fairly nice guy until he opened his mouth and out came "I
> don't know nuthin' bout this here internet thing,but ya'll sure are nice
> to me when I call on the phone". I knew we were sunk...

So why did the Interpath ownership sell out to CP&L in the first place?
Could it be that the business was "sunk" before that anyway, hence the
desire to sell?

There seem to be a lot of really smart people around here who used to
work for Interpath. Which makes me wonder if they had a little too much
technical expertise, and therefore too high a payroll, to be successful
in the long run. Their business plan may never have been a successful
one regardless of the sale to CP&L.

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |