internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:36:33 -0500

Aside from the outright errors in both logic and fact exhibited in his
'four points,' I do believe Mr. Crisp is being overly prejudicial and
discriminatory in his rant associating certain subcultural styles of
clothing and body adornment with a lack in one's ability to perform
technical job duties in a competent and skilled manner. It seems likely
to me that Mr. Crisp cannot find many competent programmers to work for
his company because they find his brand of cultural (and technical)
stigmatizing, disrespect, and outright deprecation as personally
offensive as he apparently finds their appearance.

His message is so far over the top as to make one wonder if the writer
of this message is, indeed, who he claims to be, as it is difficult to
understand how someone with such poor systemic thinking and lack of
insight, socioeconomic awareness, or "people skills" could possibly own
and operate a sucessful company. Does anyone know this man personally?
Is this message for real?