internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:07:47 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, David R.Matusiak wrote:
> Too awesome not to share! Gotta love how Mr. Crisp describes the
> "dregs of the programming world." Apparently, Raleigh is waaaaaay too
> counter-culture for this one...

Ok this guy really pisses me off. Especially as a tattooed, pierced freak.
Who knows what the hell he's doing and knows plenty more freaks who do as
well. to quote their own site:

"PagePlanet Software, Inc. believes honor, respect, honesty, and hard work
are admirable qualities that a business and its employees should observe.
We believe in providing a rewarding work environment and fair compensation
for our employees and a fair return to our owners."

BS, I wouldn't work for those bastards if they all have his attitude.
He deserves the dregs with his ass backwards BS. I believe in conveying a
professional image/appearence. Also there are plenty of good programmers
that I know that would happely work for $60k...

> > Date: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:14:01 PM America/New_York
> > Subject: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor
> >
> > Bosses are feeling oppressed. It's not only that labor isn't cheap
> > enough (though Crisp whines plenty about that), it's also that
> >
> > Steve Crisp Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:21:41 -0500
> >> Any ad I have placed has resulted in the dregs of the programming
> >> world beating a path to my door. The ones looking for jobs are grossly
> >> underqualified, undertrained, and mostly unemployable because they
> >> look and act like freaks. I really don't care how good someone may be
> >> if they are covered in tattoos, have spiked hair, and could not make
> >> it though a metal detector at an airport because of all their
> >> highly-visible piecings.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)