internetworkers - [internetworkers] [OT] Steve Crisp Urban Legend

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [OT] Steve Crisp Urban Legend
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:37:23 -0500 (EST)

> Any time I see or hear of Steve Crisp, I have to reference his Ryan's
> Steakhouse story. Here is a URL to its original posting location on
> Usenet, though this story has been passed around urban-legend style
> quite a bit since then.
>
> [warning, fairly gross story]
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=34710ECB.36BD%40pageplanet.com&oe=UTF-8

hmmmm... I'll have to make a few calls to verify, but I'm fairly certain I
heard this story prior to the 1997 date on the posting. I distinctly
associate that story with the Ryans Steakhouse in Fayetteville. That
implies I heard the tale when I was still at Fort Bragg, which is prior to
1997.

Although, if he is such a troll, then it's not much of a stretch for him
to lay claim to a pre-existing urban legend...

-Alan