internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:25:04 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 15:57, David R.Matusiak wrote:
> > Too awesome not to share! Gotta love how Mr. Crisp describes the
> > "dregs of the programming world." Apparently, Raleigh is waaaaaay too
> > counter-culture for this one...

Funny: most of the time when people I know are complaining about the
Triangle's position on the weird-o-meter or counterculturalness, they're
mostly complaining this area is dull and boring and staid (I personally
disagree with such assessments, by the way).

> Any time I see or hear of Steve Crisp, I have to reference his Ryan's
> Steakhouse story. Here is a URL to its original posting location on
> Usenet, though this story has been passed around urban-legend style
> quite a bit since then.
>
> [warning, fairly gross story]
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=34710ECB.36BD%40pageplanet.com&oe=UTF-8

Home, shorter URL:
http://www.ihos.com/steakhouse.html

> Incidentally, Steve Crisp is most certainly not a "newbie" when it comes
> to the Internet.

No, not a newbie. He at least used to, might still, run a web
design/hosting business called PagePlop, not PagePlanet or
PagePlanetSoftware. The site's still live: http://www.pageplop.com/

best,
Steve Burnett