internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: RTP business whines for cheap (and pretty) labor
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:15:12 -0500

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 16:36, childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> His message is so far over the top as to make one wonder if the writer
> of this message is, indeed, who he claims to be, as it is difficult to
> understand how someone with such poor systemic thinking and lack of
> insight, socioeconomic awareness, or "people skills" could possibly own
> and operate a sucessful company.

I don't think that having certain conservative views on dress, tatoos,
peircings, etc, necessarily indicates "poor systemic thinking and lack
of insight." Sure it's not a position that everyone needs to agree
with, and you don't need to apply to work at his company. But that
doesn't mean there aren't other social conservatives who agree with with
his view and work well with him. That's one of the advantages of small
business; it allows you to operate the way you want.

> Does anyone know this man personally?

Well I've met him in person once, and I know that he is a real person.
He does indeed operate a successful company; he's been in business for
years and was a fairly successful local ISP at one time. His ISP was
distinguished by the fact that it ran on Macintoshes, which is mentioned
in his message.

> Is this message for real?

Certainly. Mr. Crisp is well-known for being outspoken, and as my
message re: Ryan's Steak House indicated, is a good writer. He is
definitely not new to the tech scene in the Triangle.

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |