internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] High-end web site authoring tools

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] High-end web site authoring tools
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:45:15 -0400

On Thursday 10 April 2003 06:30 pm, machett AT ibiblio.org wrote:
> Why the hell does 18pt Geneva appear huge on my workstation, but my system
> at home displays it just slightly larger than I'd like; shouldn't 18pt
> Geneva _BE_ 18pt Geneva?

The web is for displaying info, not for displaying brochures. If you want to
be as a magazine, use a PDF. If you don't what to use PDFs, then, assume that
the web is not a magazine, use relative font sizes and relative font types
and move on.

Trying to over-control the appearance of a website is an almost impossible
task. Be realistic, assume the web as a different media and work from there.

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
AOL vs Josep -> http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/aol.html