internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] High-end web site authoring tools

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] High-end web site authoring tools
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:51:51 -0400

Your analogy is not far off, though you came up with the wrong observation.
While the CD may play in both players (just as the web page loads in both
browsers), do they really SOUND the same on both? You may not be able to
hear the difference, but the folks who spend thousands on CD players will
claim you can. You may insist you can't tell the difference, as many web
users won't notice the difference either. Hell--unless someone looks at your
page with two different browsers, how would they know, or even care, if it
rendered differently?

David