internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] low end web site authoring tools

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: John Beimler <john AT radiomind.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] low end web site authoring tools
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:21:06 -0400

Calvin Powers wrote:

Yeah, currently my web site is a mixture of very simple HTML pages and a couple of web logs hand stitched together. The problem with web logs is that they are calendar based. But what I'd like to have is an automagically generated list, in alphabetical order, of all the movies I've reviewed with links to the actual review. A blog-like service that generated alphabetical listings of things instead of calendar based listings would be an interesting alternative, if such a thing existed.

I have thought about trying to use links to google searches which would pull up the appropriate archived blog pages from my site. But haven't gotten in to the nitty gritty of them yet.

You may want to look at movable type, it will allow you to categorize things, and make lots of different lists: http://diveintomark.org/ has some done some interesting things with MT.

Peace.

john