internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chris Hedemark <chris AT yonderway.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:18:48 -0500

On 1/30/03 8:56 PM, "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org> wrote:

> this has been an issue for a while. nice to see the business writing
> community is catching up with real time. anyway, there is even a local
> group of totally pissed off software people that are watching this
> trend eat their lunch. i believe it began as a rant on trijug and
> finally moved to its own special yahoo group.

I know that some big blue company in the area that shall remain nameless is
guilty of this, too (moving jobs to India, IIRC).

Indian workers are often given American sounding names, given voice training
to help shake the accent, they get to watch American satellite TV to learn
our culture, etc. The whole idea being when you call tech support your call
may be connected to someone in India but you're not supposed to be able to
tell.