internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <david AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:19:20 -0500

Something to remember about "family and friends in the manufacturing area"
that lost their jobs in North Carolina--it is just a long established trend.
They got their jobs when labor became too expensive in the North East.
Agricultural workers were willing to work for lower wages than Northerners
in North Carolina, I guess to get out of the fields. The process will repeat
itself when the latest recipients of those jobs want higher wages than those
in an even less developed country.

David