internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:09:34 -0500

On Friday 31 January 2003 03:07 am, Jason Laughlin wrote:
> I've long believed that the best
> arrangement possible would be to earn a US salary while living in a 3rd
> world economy (my father was in diplomatic/military service abroad, so I
> know this works well).

Aside from government officials from a rich country living in a
not-so-rich-country, this just doesn't happen. Not even during the dot-com
era.

For example, my wfe used to work for a very important company in the US. She
moved within the same company to Europe, during the dot-com era. When she
moved, her salary was chopped in half, so her paycheck would be like
equivalent salaries of that company's workers in that European country.

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
MaDuIxA PoWeR!