internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] New Urbanism

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Maria C Winslow <maria.winslow AT windows-linux.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] New Urbanism
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:10:22 -0500

The truth is that the (wider Triangle) area is really too far beyond a better
mass transit system. The best we could hope for at this point is trains from
park-and-ride lots in outlying suburbs to major centers of employment like
downtown Raleigh or areas of the park. Something similar to the trains going
from Long Island to NYC.

I'm with Diane about having the busses run late enough for bar hopping,
though! Of course, if we get together and develop our dream apartment
building in Carrboro, we can just stumble home. That's what you do, isn't it,
Dave?

By the way, I would call Southern Village something like New Small Townism,
rather than new Urbanism.

Maria