internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] New Urbanism

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Maria C Winslow <maria.winslow AT windows-linux.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] New Urbanism
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:41:03 -0500

I live in Southern Village, but my actual preference would be to live in a
large apartment built to look like Carr Mill Mall, right next to Carr Mill
Mall (maybe behind the Broad St building). But nothing like this exists.
There are some urban-style apartments on Rosemary St. in a new brick
building, but they are quite small (although with luxury features). There are
apartments above the businesses in Southern Village, but again, they are
small. The assumption seems to be that if you want a lot of space, then you
want a house. Not true. I want a 3000 sq. ft. apartment with exposed brick,
custom tinted concrete floors, and maybe a roof garden. I would keep a couple
of push scooters by the door for getting around the house :)

Maria