internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] New Urbanism

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Welna, Sarah (NIH/NIEHS)" <welna AT niehs.nih.gov>
  • To: "'internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] New Urbanism
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:21:22 -0500

speaking of alternative living environments:

Is anyone familiar with Arcosonti (description:
http://www.arcosanti.org/arcosanti/index.html home:
http://www.arcosanti.org/index.html ) or Paolo Soleri (
http://www.arcosanti.org/arcosanti/faq_paol.html )?

"Arcosanti hopes to address these issues (suburban sprawl, dependency on
cars, pollution, social isolation, etc.) by building a three-dimensional,
pedestrian-oriented city. Because this plan eliminates suburban sprawl, both
the urban and natural environments should keep their integrity and thrive."

My husband helped work on the project back in the early 70's and we visited
it in the spring of 2001...

Sarah
Sarah Welna
Web Developer
NIEHS ITSS Contract - 361-5444 ext. 415 - MD B3-03
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/websmith/
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/home.htm