internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ron Thigpen <rthigpen AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:46:36 -0500

zman wrote:

I would NOT use synthetic from the get go. Give the engine at least 1000mi
to break in and seat the rings and such before switching to synthetic.

good advice, though 1000mi is somewhat arbitrary. always follow manufacturers advice wrt engine break-in. only use synthetics after break-in.

Even better than synthetic is LE Engineerings oil.
http://www.le-inc.com/index2.cfm
After extensive testing it was my oil of choice in all my race bikes.
I highly recommend it. I know Auto Sport Gallery stocks it locally.
http://www.autosportgallery.com/

ok. thanks for the tip. forgive me, but i'm always a little suspicious of new, supposedly better lubricants. there have been so many cons in this field recently. curious though, what sort of testing convinced you that this was good stuff?

--rt