internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Cox <glcox AT pobox.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:57:52 -0500 (EST)

> Actually, I've always been curious about that. I'm guessing rear wheel
> drive handles better on the road? But you always hear that front wheel
> drive handles a lot better on ice or through mud.

FWD makes you less likely to lose it in adverse conditions. Once
you DO lose it, you're a lot more 'along for the ride' in a FWD.
RWD may have the back end jump a little more, due to less weight over
the drive wheels, but isolating your drive wheels from your steering
gives you more options when things do go wrong.

Since J. Average Driver can't imagine correcting a skid, let alone
do it, you get false analogies like "would you rather push a string
or pull one?"