internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Trent Lott, segregationist

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Trent Lott, segregationist
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 21:28:50 -0500

Thomas C. Meggs wrote:
Are Thomas Beckett and Steven Champeon friends in real life?

I'm not really a lawyer, I just play one on TV. If there was a local restaurant/bar with a big couch, a fireplace and a good beverage selection, Steve and I could have a hit TV show, tho most of the witty lines would go to him.

One of my favorite Champeon lines, which I only partially remember, was from one of the first times we met. Julie Waddle arranged for me to visit Mr. Champeon at Imonics, where he was the Intranet Master, for a dog-and-pony-show of his work. I later heard from Julie that he told the receptionist that I would be coming, and described me as looking "like a lawyer, but not really" or something like that. Wish I'd written it down at the time. It gave me hope about the legal career.

TaB