internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Trent Lott, segregationist

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Caugherty <caffeine1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Trent Lott, segregationist
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:57:14 -0500

Thus spake Diana Duncan:

Where did you get the idea that the labelling was "simply because it doesn't
embrace the practice of
prejudicial handouts to minorities."?

And what a loaded comment that is! Instead, of course, we have seen ample
examples of their embrace of prejudicial handouts to cronies, almost all of
whom are white males who espouse some form of Christianity

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

As a White Male(tm), I'd like to apologize on behalf of those of us
who tend to whine when their "rights" are exposed as mere privileges.
Not of all us behave like spoiled children though.

I would submit that the appointments of Mr. Powell and Ms. Rice were
*extremely* politically motivated, very much in order to stave off the
accusations of racism that the GOP often grandly deserves.

Both amply maintain the trait required to make it in the Dubya White
House: blind obedience to authority. Just ask Mr. Powell's father.

And I'm not impressed with Powell Jr. If anything, he treats his post
like a sinecure..

Ta,

+--Dan Caugherty ------------caffeine1 AT nc.rr.com----+
| "A computer without a Microsoft operating system |
| is like a dog without bricks tied to its head." |