internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Trent Lott, segregationist

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas C. Meggs" <tom AT plik.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Trent Lott, segregationist
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:24:11 -0500

My only question is this:

Are Thomas Beckett and Steven Champeon friends in real life? Or do they just poke fun at each other on Internet Workers all day long? ;)

Regards,
Tom

Steven Champeon wrote:
on Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 10:09:36AM -0500, Thomas Beckett wrote:

#1 - Maybe if enough people read about and react to Trent Lott's segregationism, it will actually catch some traction in the commercial media and snowball into some kind of "resignation" hype. At least it would hamper him temporarily. Or maybe long term. There are a lot of Negroes in Mississippi, last I checked.

Aw, don't be so soft on the guy - "segregationist"? Nah, call him what
he is - an unabashed racist.
#2 - Steve Champeon uses NetNanny?

Weird, eh? Thing is, I don't use any filters. But maybe RR does. I don't
know - but I can't get in from InFlow, either. Maybe I'm too far away. :)