internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Our Senatorial contest

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chris Hedemark <chris AT yonderway.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Our Senatorial contest
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:53:40 -0400

While drinking vinegar, David R. Matusiak wrote:

relatively unknown? and i quote "Sean Haugh is the Executive Director of the Libertarian Party of North Carolina (LPNC)." for someone "so into local/libertarian politics" i figured you'd have heard of him.

I have indeed heard of him. But in the grand scheme of things, 98% or so of North Carolinians have never heard of him.

this seems like a rather trivial complaint - especially considering there IS NO speed/access problem with his website (neither at 10pm last nite, nor at 5am this morning). sounds like your past troubles accessing amazon. [maybe your link is the problem?]

Well TWC/RR has been really REALLY bad for me. I've had about 75% uptime this week. But usually when it is up and running, it runs very well. Most sites last night were screaming.

in the interest of supporting this candidate, why don't you just do a *better* job of hosting his site on one of your dozen antiquated Sun boxes in your dungeon?

Somehow finding a job right now far outweighs backing a candidate. And while I may be registered Libertarian, that doesn't obligate me to support all candidates the party throws my way.

uniformity is a key element of web design. would it be better to confuse the site viewer by making every page look different? personally, i thought the site looked simple, clean and accessible. is your newest self-appointed title "web designer"?

The layout can remain consistent while still looking fresh on each page. Instead of the mugshot, why not cycle through a bunch of different pictures of Haugh actually doing things, meeting with people and such.

Gina Norman already schooled you on this one. maybe Mr. Haugh's site just wasn't fast enough for you to see it?

I guess it got lost with the other issues. No priority was given to any issue. I would have expected to see something near the top of the list labeled "Terrorism" or "Iraq".

none were named, so i can only conclude you meant "Complete Christian Censorship of the Internet" - your own pet cause.

Ah, I can see you got a head start on using drugs before they were decriminalized by the Libs (hint: one of them needs to get elected to office before they can even vote on the issue).

I am a Christian. How you draw a line between that and being pro-censorship (or even determining that is my "own pet cause") is beyond me.

Please, David, step away from the crack pipe.

well, i don't think you're gonna get that out of a legitimate Libertarian candidate - sorry.

Your buddy Haugh proclaims on his web site that he is a Christian, too. You never know. Book burning might be his own pet cause by your logic.

but he does list in his bio that he "loves God and is unashamed of his Christian faith." that should have had you creaming in your > jeans.

That's a really profound thing of you to say.

ya know - you're right. that site was just not fucking fast enough. and when did you stop signing all your emails "Reverend Hedemark" and telling people to repent and all that shit?

I am still very much a Reverend, and very much into ministry. I never got in your face and told you to repent, though with all of the pain in your life that might be just the thing you need. Unfortunately people like you jumped to conclusions when they saw "Reverend" in my signature so I tried dropping it from the sig.

i really miss the pomposity of that gesture since unsubscribing from trilug and tribug.

I really don't miss your pomposity at all, David.

So much for your sincere heartfelt apology you sent to me on May 10 of this year. It was a private message so I won't quote it here. But you've always taken great joy at trying to bust my chops, haven't you? And I never did anything to you personally to deserve that, did I?

Whatever the real reason is for all the pain and animosity you are carrying around, I really hope you come to terms with your issues and can find some happiness in this life.

Chris Hedemark
Professional Computer Consulting & Videography
Hillsborough, NC
http://yonderway.com

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." -Steve Wright