internetworkers - Re: collapse

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rafe Colburn <rafeco AT rc3.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: collapse
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:16:33 -0400

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 12:21:53PM -0400, Michael Tucker wrote:

> I'll say it again, enough is enough, and I'm frankly grateful that the
> community of nations is with us on this. My greatest hope is that
> this is the beginning of the end for organized terror.

I wish it were so, but I deeply believe that we can't put an end to
violence with violence.

The Israelis have been trying to surgically remove terrorists from
Israel for some time now, and because the conditions that spawn
terrorism have not changed (except perhaps to get worse), the
terrorism isn't coming to an end.

Organized terror has been a part of human civilization for as long
as there's been a human civilization. I don't see us being the ones
who are able to stomp it out, much as I wish we (or anyone) could.

--Rafe

--
rc3.org Daily - http://rc3.org