internetworkers - Re: collapse

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Tucker" <mtucker AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: collapse
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:21:53 -0400

No offense to others who believe non-violence is the appropriate response.

I'm now fully convinced that this kind of extreme idealistic fanaticism is a
cancer on human society, and I fear that the only cure will have to be
surgical. We've tried other approaches for far too long, with little or no
positive result. Enough is enough. It's time to exert enough power that we
make anyone on the planet who would ever contemplate an action such as this
think twice about it.

I think the terrorist community will soon discover that we have the
willingness and the resolve to fight for our beliefs, and that their
free-ride reliance on our non-violent approach is over. They can no longer
count on an American limited response.

I'll say it again, enough is enough, and I'm frankly grateful that the
community of nations is with us on this. My greatest hope is that this is
the beginning of the end for organized terror.

--
Michael R. Tucker