internetworkers - Re: Fwd: Fwd: silly cable question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Fwd: silly cable question
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:39:53 -0400

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
> You can get OEM Wireless cards for $100 or less, and I saw at least one
> base station at $199.

> if you have a firewall/router box like I do, you could buy a PCMCIA
> Cardslot for the router, and use that instead, bringing the whole cost
> down to under $300 ($60 for the PCI->PCMCIA card, $100 +/- for the Cards)

OK. Now the question is: where do you find OEM wireless at $100 ? At
Intrex? Are they Linux friendly?

Yo know, I would like to get my Linux serving as a wireless firewall
router, so my dear wife can wander around with her laptop and no CAT5
cable of +20' trailing behind her.

Salut,

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve
(a.k.a. Sinner from the Prairy)