internetworkers - Re: Fwd: Fwd: silly cable question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Fwd: silly cable question
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:33:29 -0400

Just got the new DataComm Warehouse catalog. It lists a Paladin Tools
Economy Category 5e Installation kit for $190. I has the crimp tool,
1000' ft of Cat 5e PVC bulk cable, and all kinds of nifty parts. It also
has a stylish plastic carrying case for the non-cable stuff.
There is bulk Cat 5 cable at $120 / 1000' from the same place. You
should be able to buy it locally cheaper. Shielded Cat 5 cable will cost
you about $250 / 1000' if you are in a high frequency place. Cat 6 cable
is $100 / 500'. http://warehouse.com/ 800-642-3064. Roger (in RTP)