internetworkers - Re: Fwd: Fwd: silly cable question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT pobox.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Fwd: silly cable question
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:07:45 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:49am Today, "Thomas" typed :
> Here's a related question: if you wanted use a wireless network
> and share your DSL/cable net connection, would you still have to buy an NAT
> switch to do so?

only if you intend on doing both wired and wireless ethernet. In my house,
I have an ISDN Router that does NAT, feeds the airport, and feeds the
wired machines. (OK, I have a Linux firewall between the Router and the
rest of the house, but still, same principle)

Airport can feed DHCP addresses to the ethernet side of things, but since
I'm not using that as my bridge, I have no experience with it.

-- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
-- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --