homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:19:12 EST

Obviously then, the scientific conclusion we can draw from this
is that Methane gas attracts meteors.

Drew

In a message dated 11/29/2009 6:09:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lurine AT com-pair.net writes:

O.K., Ray, seriously now <g> ah, just how much methane do you figure a
grass
eating dinosaur produced? A hairy mamoth?

I mean, the Argentinosaurus weighed around 100,000 pounds. Sauroposeidon
at
50-60 tons. Shantungosaurus at 15 tons. Brachiosaurus at 50 tons.

So, let's compare. Cattle produce between 26 and 132 gallons of methane a
day. So figuring a 2,000+ pound bull will be the 132 gallons that gives
us
a production of 6600 gallons a day for ol' Argentinosaurus and
Brachiosaurus, 7920 for Sauroposeidon and 1980 for the "little"
Shantungosaurus. Ah, yup, I think they did their part <g> Good thing
that
meteor or ice age or whatever did them in!

Then you had all those bogs that disappeared. Now those little suckers
were
methane machines!

Lynda
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con. A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them." Dallas