homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:45:55 -0800

So you got caught in the 100 mile rule. I'm sure companies love small states like PA! They rarely have to anti-up under the 100 mile rule.

Which btw states in most insurance policies, that if you can't get services from one of their member physicians that they will pay a non-member physician. Some will say an hour drive and then when you show that it takes more than an hour, they will state that the hour rule applies to mathmatical calculations, not how long it actually takes you. Cute, huh?

That is a rule that needs to change.

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

I don't see much hope for healthcare reform, no matter what 'they' do. The
whole system is so screwed up. My kids have health insurance, supposedly
GOOD insurance, through their father's employer. But their primary physician
is over 50 miles away. There is not one single physician in my county that
their health plan will accept. My son got a physical for something, then
needed a physical 8 months later for his learner's permit for driving (geez;
I didn't need one, but that was many years ago). Anyway, the company
wouldn't pay for 2 in a year, but the DMV wouldn't accept one over 6 months
old, so the Dr. had to make up some excuse (ingrown toenail) to bill for. My
ex's company changes providers every couple of years, and more often than
not,. the kids have to find a new doctor. Thank goodness we don't have any
on-going health problems, so it doesn't really matter. I just roll my eyes
and hope we don't ever really need healthcare.