homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ethanol / Biofuel

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ethanol / Biofuel
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 14:33:05 -0800

I think a lot of the luck I have with the cars comes from first working on Harleys <g> My dad and Uncle Gene used to build and race them back in the dark ages. Since between them they had 5 daughters and no sons, us girls were all recruited to help out. We were cleaning parts and could ID a ratchet, blade screwdriver and phillips before we all went off to school <g>

I use lots of stuff to rebuild slave cylinders and carberators that aren't in the normal tool boxes. Most mechanics don't have stitch pullers and needle clamps <g> They work much better than the "manly" tools do in tight little places! So do my tiny little needle nose pliers that I normally use for jewelry making.

DH doesn't even bother with the small stuff, he just brings them in, plops them on the diningroom table and says "here, get out your girly stuff." <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>

I used to give seminars on working with the four carb 140 hp Corvair and the
ancient single carb on the Spyder and 180 hp. Trying to make the four carbs
not flood on sharp turns was an exercise in frustration. I still have the
Unisyn and several tools I made for that job.